No matter the type of motor, there are three basic parts: a stator, a commutator, and a rotor.
What are the basic parts of electric motor?
A simple motor has the following parts:
- A power supply – mostly DC for a simple motor.
- Field Magnet – could be a permanent magnet or an electromagnet.
- An Armature or rotor.
What are the 6 main parts of an electric motor?
Six Key Components That Make Up Your Industrial Electric Motor
- 1) The Rotor. The rotor is the moving part of your electric motor. …
- 3) The Bearings. …
- 4) The Windings. …
- 5) The Air Gap. …
- 6) The Commutator. …
- What Do All of These Components Have in Common?
What are the five parts of an electric motor?
Here’s a look at five main parts of an electric motor.
- Rotor. This is the electric motor’s main moving part. …
- Stator. The stator plays a crucial role in creating the magnetic field needed to drive the rotating armature. …
- Air Gap. …
- Windings. …
What are the parts of electric motor Class 10?
- 3.1 (1) Armature coil.
- 3.2 (2) Strong field magnet.
- 3.3 (3) Split ring type commutator.
- 3.4 (4) Brushes.
- 3.5 (5) Battery.
What are the four parts of a motor circuit?
Every electric circuit, regardless of where it is or how large or small it is, has four basic parts: an energy source (AC or DC), a conductor (wire), an electrical load (device), and at least one controller (switch).
What are the parts of an AC motor?
The main components of an AC motor are the stator, stationary outer drum, and the rotor, the rotating inner portion attached to the motor shaft. The stator and the rotor produce rotating magnetic fields. The winding of the stator that creates the rotating field is created by alternating current.
What are two principal parts of a motor?
What are the two principal parts of a motor? The Stator (stationary part), and the Rotor, or armature (moving part.)
What are the main parts of 3 phase induction motor?
The stator of the three-phase induction motor consists of three main parts :
- Stator frame,
- Stator core,
- Stator winding or field winding.