Dangers of Electricity include a variety of hazards that include Electric Shock, Psychological Damage, Physical Burns, Neurological Damage and Ventricular fibrillation resulting in death. Any form of energy, when not properly controlled or harnessed, can result in serious danger to those who use it.
What are the main dangers of electricity?
The main hazards of working with electricity are:
- electric shock and burns from contact with live parts.
- injury from exposure to arcing, fire from faulty electrical equipment or installations.
What are the electrical hazards at home?
Eight most dangerous electrical hazards in your home
- Poor Wiring and Defective Electric Wires: …
- Outlets Close to Water. …
- Lightbulbs. …
- Covered Electrical Cords and Wires. …
- Pouring Water on Electrical Fires. …
- Inquisitive Young Children. …
- Wet Hands. …
- Extension Cords.
What are six harmful effects of electricity?
The possible consequences of an electric shock on the body
- A shock can cause muscle spasms.
- A shock can cause cardiac arrest.
- A shock can cause burns to tissues and organs.
- A shock can affect the nervous system.
- A shock can have other unexpected consequences.
What are 5 electrical safety tips?
Electrical safety for kids
- Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet.
- Keep metal objects out of toasters.
- Never use anything with a cord or plug around water.
- Never pull a plug out by its cord.
- Stay away from substations and power lines.
- Don’t climb on power poles.
- Never fly kites near power lines.
What are 3 effects of electric current?
Hence, the three effects of electric current are heating effect, magnetic effect and chemical effect.
What happens when electricity enters the body?
Electric current is the flow of charged particles through an object. … When current flows through the human body, it can cause a lot of problems. Currents as low as 10 mA can cause severe muscle contractions and burns, while currents of 20 mA or greater can cause paralysis of the muscles that allow you to breathe.
Is electricity good for the body?
Electricity is required for the nervous system to send signals throughout the body and to the brain, making it possible for us to move, think and feel.
What is the effect of no electricity?
Effects on physical health, change in teaching style, sleeplessness, unscheduled tasks, uselessness of home appliances, inefficient learning and incompletion and delaying of tasks are some results of electricity shortage which reduce the overall performance in daily routines.