No matter the type of motor, there are three basic parts: a stator, a commutator, and a rotor. Together they use electromagnetism to cause the motor to spin.
What are the parts in an electric motor?
Different Parts of an Electric Motor and Their Function
- A power supply – mostly DC for a simple motor.
- Field Magnet – could be a permanent magnet or an electromagnet.
- An Armature or rotor.
What are the 6 parts of an electric motor?
These six components include:
- 1) The Rotor. The rotor is the moving part of your electric motor. …
- 3) The Bearings. The rotor in your electric motor is supported by bearings, which allow it to turn on its axis. …
- 4) The Windings. …
- 5) The Air Gap. …
- 6) The Commutator. …
- What Do All of These Components Have in Common?
What are the five parts of an electric motor?
Here’s a look at five main parts of an electric motor.
- Rotor. This is the electric motor’s main moving part. …
- Stator. The stator plays a crucial role in creating the magnetic field needed to drive the rotating armature. …
- Air Gap. …
- Windings. …
What are the 4 parts of a motor?
An electric motor converts electrical energy to mechanical energy. In general, an electric motor consists of a stator, a rotor, winding, bearings, and casing. The motor rotates due to the force of attraction or repulsion between the stator or rotor fields.
What are the parts of electric motor Class 10?
- 3.1 (1) Armature coil.
- 3.2 (2) Strong field magnet.
- 3.3 (3) Split ring type commutator.
- 3.4 (4) Brushes.
- 3.5 (5) Battery.
What are the parts of AC motor?
The main components of an AC motor are the stator, stationary outer drum, and the rotor, the rotating inner portion attached to the motor shaft. The stator and the rotor produce rotating magnetic fields. The winding of the stator that creates the rotating field is created by alternating current.
How many types of winding we have?
There are three types of Wave Winding: Simplex Wave Winding. Duplex Wave Winding. Triplex Wave Winding.
How many parts does a DC motor have?
Every DC motor has six basic parts — axle, rotor (a.k.a., armature), stator, commutator, field magnet(s), and brushes.
What are two principal parts of a motor?
What are the two principal parts of a motor? The Stator (stationary part), and the Rotor, or armature (moving part.)
What are the types of motors?
Types of Electric Motors
- AC Brushless Motors. AC brushless motors are some of the most popular in motion control. …
- DC Brushed Motors. In a DC brushed motor, brush orientation on the stator determines current flow. …
- DC Brushless Motors. …
- Direct Drive. …
- Linear Motors. …
- Servo Motors. …
- Stepper Motors.