Solar panels have now become the new hot commodity to own. … The difficulty for the homeowner or business property owner is that these thieves, with the proper technological knowhow can easily steal solar panels whether they are ground or rooftop mounted.
How do I keep my solar panels from being stolen?
5 Ways to Guard against Commercial Solar Panel Theft
- No. 1: Install Motion-Detecting Lights. …
- No. 2: Connect Commercial Solar Panels to an Alarm. …
- No. 3: Link the Solar Panel Racks Together. …
- No. 4: Fence Your Commercial Solar Panel Array. …
- No. 5: Add Locking Fasteners to Solar Panels.
Can someone steal your solar panels?
Solar panel theft is extremely rare in the US, but it happens (probably not ever in the above scenario… most thieves lack solid planning). … In Europe, where solar is much more prolific, solar panel theft is a more common phenomenon. The good news is there’s no good way to sell stolen solar panels.
Do solar inverters get stolen?
Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for solar panels and batteries to be stolen – but it’s usually small systems such as this and from isolated locations.
What is the best solar panels on the market?
2022 best solar panels for home installation
- SunPower: best efficiency rating.
- LG: best reputation.
- REC: best innovation for half-cut cell technology.
- Panasonic: best materials warranty.
- Q CELLS.
- Canadian Solar: best pricing.
Do people steal solar batteries?
“Of all the times of year to steal the panels,” Mr. Powell said in frustration. Beyond California, solar-power markets are comparatively small, so thefts are still rare — but they are spreading.