When it comes to power and durability, you’ll never go wrong with a petrol chainsaw. They’re the best choice if you’re planning to do any type of commercial cutting. Electric saws have their place too. They’re quieter, easier to start and use, and fumeless.
Are electric chainsaws worth it?
Electric chainsaws are light and compact, so they’re not a burden to carry. They are quieter than gas chainsaws and don’t leave the smell of gas in their wake. … Electric chainsaws are best used for sprucing up trees, trimming limbs, cutting small logs, and other cutting tasks around your home or yard.
What is the most reliable chainsaw?
Best chainsaws 2021: From STIHL to Makita chainsaws
- Stihl 271 Farm Boss Chainsaw. …
- Makita XCU03PT1 Chainsaw. …
- OREGON CS1500 Chainsaw. …
- Greenworks 60-volt Lithium Ion Chainsaw. …
- Kobalt KCS 120-07 40 Volt Cordless Chainsaw. …
- Echo CS-310-14 Chainsaw. …
- Husqvarna 460 Rancher Chainsaw. …
- WORX WG320 Cordless JawSaw.
How long does battery powered chainsaw last?
While many of the saws in this test delivered near-gas power, they didn’t deliver it for long—and some didn’t even come close. Although runtimes will vary depending on use and the chainsaw’s size, expect to get about 20 to 30 minutes of intermittent use out of a cordless chainsaw before it needs a charge.
Are electric chainsaws safer than gas chainsaws?
Safer to Use
Safety is an integral part of chainsaw operation. Electric chainsaws have several features that make them safer for casual users than their gas-powered counterparts: Lower chain speeds. Chains that run only when you’re actively cutting with your saw.
Can electric chainsaw cut trees?
A powerful gas or electric chainsaw can quickly cut fallen trees and logs into valuable firewood. Makita-UC4051A Chain Saw, Electric, 16 in.
What chainsaws do pros use?
This unit has the power to do it, but the reality is most pro-chainsaw users choose Husky or Stihl.
Here is some more information about each of these brands and their top-end chainsaws.
- Stihl 500i Loggers Chainsaw. …
- Husqvarna XP Series Chainsaws. …
- Professional Stihl Chainsaws. …
- Echo CS-7310P Logging Chainsaw.
What is the best chainsaw for firewood?
Best Chainsaws for Cutting Firewood: Top 5 Picks
- #1 Choice – Stihl MS 362.
- #2 Choice – Husqvarna 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw.
- #3 Choice – Stihl MS 271 Farm Boss.
- #4 Choice – Poulan Pro PR5020 Chainsaw.
- #5 Choice – Makita-UC4051A Chainsaw, Electric, 16 in.
- Gas vs Electric.
- Type And Size Of The Wood You’re Cutting.
What is a good homeowner chainsaw?
BLACK+DECKER CS1216 Corded Chainsaw – Best Value
BLACK+DECKER is a well-known and respected manufacturer of power tools, and their 16-Inch CS1216 Electric Chainsaw might just be the best homeowner chainsaw for the money.
How long does a petrol chainsaw last?
That being said, you can expect a quality chainsaw to last you at least 10 years or more. But if you take care of it, I know people who have saws that have lasted 20-30 years and even longer.
How long does gas last in a chainsaw?
Any more than 6 months and gas can start to go bad. Doesn’t mean it won’t run, but things start going bad. Stabil is good but it too has a shelf life of 2 years.
What is the best cordless chainsaw UK?
Our picks for the best cordless chainsaws in the UK:
- Best cordless chainsaw: Makita DUC355Z Twin 18v 36v Cordless Chainsaw 35cm Bar.
- Runner up best cordless chainsaw: DEWALT DCM565N Cordless XR Brushless Chain Saw.
- Most powerful cordless chainsaw: Makita DUC405Z Twin 18v / 36v LXT Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Chainsaw 400mm.
Are battery chainsaws quiet?
Battery Powered Chainsaws: The Neuton battery powered saw is a quite remarkable innovation. It is quiet enough that hearing protection is probably not needed. And its 18 volt battery is powerful enough to be an excellent tool for cleaning up small branches (it has a 4.5 inch bar).
Does an electric chainsaw need oil?
All chain saws, whether gasoline powered or electric, use chain and bar oil for proper lubrication. An automatic oiler supplies oil to the chainsaw bar. … Chain and bar oil reduces friction and heat and reduces wear on the engine and extend the life of your chainsaw.
Do electric chainsaws have kickback?
Kickbacks occur if the transferring chain in the manual bar runs right into an object, or when the chain is pinched in the cut when the wood closes in. … Electric chainsaws are fitted with safety chains to lessen the prevalence of kickbacks.