The Homelite brand has a reputation for delivering affordable, functional tools with average homeowners in mind. This is on full display with the Homelite UT43122B electric chainsaw. It’s a good choice for occasional use and can handle pretty much any cutting job that’s likely to pop up around the yard.
What is the best electric chainsaw on the market?
The 9 Best Electric Chainsaws of 2022
- EGO 18-Inch Cordless Chainsaw CS1800.
- Greenworks Pro 80V 18-Inch Cordless Chainsaw GCS80420.
- BLACK + DECKER LCS1240 40-Volt Cordless.
- Makita XCU08PT 14-inch Cordless Chainsaw.
- WORX WG304.1 Chainsaw with 18-inch bar (corded)
- Oregon CS300.
- BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw CS1518.
Who makes Homelite chainsaws now?
John Deere acquired the brand in 1994. Techtronic Industries acquired Homelite from John Deere in 2001. Homelite has shifted its production primarily to consumer level lawn and garden equipment and light duty chainsaws.
Who makes Homelite engines?
HOMELITE – Techtronic Industries TTI.
How many amps is a good electric chainsaw?
If you need a heavy-duty electric chainsaw that can cut dense wood without slowing down, you’ll want to purchase an electric model that offers around 15 amps. Conversely, if you need a chainsaw for cutting small limbs, an 8- or 10-amp model should do the job.
Are electric chainsaws worth it?
Electric chainsaws are light and compact, so they’re not a burden to carry. They are quieter than gas chainsaws and don’t leave the smell of gas in their wake. … Electric chainsaws are best used for sprucing up trees, trimming limbs, cutting small logs, and other cutting tasks around your home or yard.
How noisy is an electric chainsaw?
With an average sound range of 90-102 decibels, electric chainsaws can’t exactly be called quiet. However, their sound range is 10-20 decibels lower than that of gas chainsaws. Because every 10 decibels represents a doubling of sound, this makes electric chainsaws two to three times quieter.
Are Homelite chainsaws still in production?
Are Homelite Chainsaws Still Made? Today Homelite is now a part of Techtronic Industries, which bought the company in 2001 and has moved its focus to consumer lawn and garden equipment and light duty chainsaws.
Is Homelite and Ryobi the same company?
Yes Ryobi and Homelite are both currently owned and manufactured by the same company – TTI (TechTronics Industries) if the part number your machine uses is the same, the part is the same.
How do you date a Homelite chainsaw?
In order to determine the year the Homelite saw was made, product and serial numbers should be used.
- Look inside the owner’s manual of the chainsaw to see if there is a small sticker on it with two numbers. …
- Check near the base of the saw casing on the left-hand side to find a small sticker. …
- Call (800) 242-4672.
How much does a Homelite chainsaw cost?
Compare with similar items
|This item HOMELITE 16 in. 12 Amp Electric Chainsaw||CRAFTSMAN Electric Chainsaw, 16-Inch, 12-Amp (CMECS600)|
|Customer Rating||4.5 out of 5 stars (33)||4.6 out of 5 stars (507)|
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com|
How old is a Homelite XL chainsaw?
The Homelite XL Chain Saw, introduced in 1963, was the first chain saw considered lightweight. It weighs 13 pounds and 14 ounces and is painted in Homelite red enamel.
Are Homelite generators good?
The overall quality appears to be very good, and the engine started on the 1st pull. The generator is a bit noisy, but works well.
What should I look for when buying an electric chainsaw?
6 Simple Things to Consider When Buying an Electric Chainsaw
- 6 Simple Things to Consider When Buying an Electric Chainsaw. Michael Foley. …
- Easier maintenance. You just have to add oil to the chain and you may start cutting timber. …
- Less kickback. …
- No fuel needed. …
- Quiet operation. …
- Quicker storage.
How long can extension cord be for electric chainsaw?
Craftsman and GreenWorks recommend that you not use a cord longer than 50 feet.
How do I choose an electric chainsaw?
Best Electric Chainsaws | Buying Guide
- 9 Amp electric motor. …
- 14-Inch bar makes is suitable for small cutting tasks.
- Tool-less chain tensioner for fast adjustments.
- Wrap around handle enables you to cut comfortably from all angles.
- Auto-oiler means your chain will always be well-lubricated.